This is to remind everyone of the MS Walk scheduled for next Saturday, April 8. Volunteers are still needed. Please contact Ted Pennington, KM4JDM@gmail.com.
Also, remember that the Club has a tailgate party scheduled for Saturday, April 22. Hope to see everyone there.
Nashville Amateur Radio Club, Inc.
As a reminder, the Club also has its monthly breakfast on Saturday, January 7 at 8:00 am at Ryan’s Buffet, 2151 Gallatin Pike North, Madison, TN 37115. We hope to see everyone there.
Also, please be aware of the license class taught by Williamson County ARES. The class will take place from Saturday February 4th, 2017 through Saturday March 11th, 2017. If you know someone who is interested in getting a Technician license, or who is interested in upgrading to General class, please let them know about this great opportunity. Registration is open on the WCARES web site, http://www.wcares.org/2017-license-classes/.
Nashville Amateur Radio Club, Inc.
The holiday season is upon us, but for those looking for some diversion from the festivities, here are a few things planned for the next few months. More details about upcoming events, and memories from recent club activities will be available in the January 2017 PIC Newsletter. In the meantime, here are a few things to get started on thinking about 2017:
Before the New Year:
– Marshall County Amateur Radio Society – Monthly Meeting – Sunday, December 18 at 2:00 p.m. in the conference room of the Marshall County Office of Emergency Management at the Hardison Office Annex, 230 College Street in Lewisburg. Talk-in to the meeting will be available on the Lewisburg 146.625 Amateur Radio Repeater. The club will celebrate Christmas after refreshments are served. All members are asked to bring a list of the ham radio goodies they want from Santa Claus for Christmas. Please don’t bring the entire catalog and keep the list to under $10,000! de K2SMA
– 2016 National Parks on the Air: Time is running short– be sure to participate! “Throughout 2016, Amateur Radio will be helping the National Park Service celebrate their 100th anniversary. Hams from across the country will activate NPS units, promote the National Park Service and showcase Amateur Radio to the public.” https://npota.arrl.org/ It’s fun, whether you are set up in a National Park as an “Activator”, or “chasing” the parks on the air. Please send your write-ups about your great experiences with NPOTA that you would like included in our special NPOTA publication to email@example.com #1MillionQSOs
– Lakeway Amateur Radio Club (and local ARES Groups) – Morristown Hamfest January 7, 2017 see more information about LARC’s Annual Hamfest at http://www.morristownhamfest.com/
January 14th. 2017. Please check their website for meeting info: www.memphisdstar.org de KA2BSMThe Memphis Digital Amateur Radio Club is pleased to announce the D-STAR 101 training class that will be presented at our January meeting,
– WFDA- Winter Field Day Saturday, January 28 at 1900z (2:00 PM EST) until Sunday, January 29 at 1900z (2:00 PM EST). On all the bands and modes, except the WARC bands. Check out the details at http://www.winterfieldday.com and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/winterfieldday/ de WX4ET
– Williamson County ARES will be hosting a class for Technician and General Class Licenses from Feb. 4th through March 4th, with a test date March 11th. Classes will run from 0800 – 1200 local time. Advanced registration is required. Contact information is: Dallas Clements, K7DCC, email: firstname.lastname@example.org de WB5WAJ
– Cave City Hamfest – just over the border (for some of us), the Cave City Hamfest is scheduled for Saturday, March 4. See details at: http://www.ky4x.org/activities/hamfest/
– MTARS Tullahoma Hamfest – Saturday, March 11, 2017. For more information, see their Hamfest flier at http://www.mtars-ham.org/ de KB4JHU
Don’t forget… please send info about your past events (pictures appreciated), upcoming events for inclusion in upcoming ARRL TN PIC NEWs publications, and information you would like us to share with the ARRL TN Section!
Wishing you and your family a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!